GBC began back in 1810 with just a handful of Believers who wanted a Baptist church in the little community of Georgetown. Through the years, the heartbeat of our church has been missions. Most notably, we started nearly a dozen new churches in Georgetown, Scott County, and northern Fayette County. Since 1842, we have been the church next door to Georgetown College, and we consider it a privilege to serve the campus community in support of its Christian mission.
We love building bridges at GBC! Some of the ways we do that are by:
- Affirming Believer’s Baptism from sister churches
- Celebrating the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of the month with an open table to Sisters and Brothers in Christ who are not members of this church
- Recognizing the gifts of women in all areas of church life, including leadership, based on our understanding of Galatians 3:28, Luke 24: 9-11, Romans 16:1 and other scriptures.
- Striving to be glue that helps many different ministry partners stay in fellowship with one another
- Welcoming people of diverse political affiliations, nationalities, denominations, and backgrounds in the life of our church.
- Pursuing the GBC2020 vision we believe God has given us.