GEORGETOWN BAPTIST CHURCH
POSITION TITLE: Financial and Assistant Secretary
REPORTS TO: Administrative Secretary; Senior Pastor
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: At least fifteen (15) hours per week spent in maintenance of accurate, confidential financial records of the church and service as resource person regarding information to various church groups and individuals; At least fifteen (15) hours in support of the Administrative Secretary in completing the office tasks of Georgetown Baptist Church.
GENERAL HOURS (subject to change): Fulltime up to 35 hours per week, including monthly attendance at Church Council and Finance Committee, and annual participation in Budget Committee meetings.
1. Financial experience as full charge bookkeeper
2. General secretarial experience
3. Professionalism, including confidentiality
4. Handle stress effectively
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Able to work independently and efficiently after training
7. Computer skills with advanced financial software
8. Proficiency with Excel
9. Experience with or ability to learn Publisher and other basic office software
10. Professional appearance
1. At least ten (10) hours per week of uninterrupted financial work, with ample additional hours to complete all necessary tasks.
2. General ledger, including
a. Payroll and all related tax returns as required
b. Accounts payable and cash flow management
d. Standard journal entries and non-cash entries
e. Complete all weekly and monthly data entry support documents in Excel
3. Financial Records
4. Monthly and Annual Reports
5. Adherence to personnel policies.
6. Committee Responsibilities
a. Church Council
b. Finance Committee
c. Budget Committee
7. Work closely with Administrative Secretary in scheduling church and outside activities and with the operation of office procedures throughout each day.
8. Work with Administrative Secretary in church publications
9. Maintain church and Sunday School records on current membership program
10. Other duties as assigned
1. Salary. An annual salary will be paid, as stated in the budget.
2. Benefits. All leave and other benefits will be offered commensurate with the Personnel Policy Manual.
EVALUATED BY: Senior Pastor, Administrative Secretary, Personnel Committee
Link to Online Employment Application